96. Wine on a Sunday afternoon

All the cancer leaflets tell me that after treatment, I am likely to remain tired for a long time (we're talking months and months); feel depressed; and generally not be able to pick up my life where I left off.

That may be so, but for the moment, I am feeling rather optimistic. Yes, I am still tired, but I hope that I can just accommodate that in my life, which I actually intend to pick up more or less exactly where I left off.

Not just that: I am also hoping to catch up with some things I have not been able to do in the past year. See friends and family, go on holiday, that kind of thing. It's rather wonderful to be able to book some time away without any caveats. None of that Well, just try, and if I can't do it, I'll cancel it.

No more need for the Cancer Card.

I don't expect to be done and dusted with the misery, but then who ever is? That's part of life, isn't it. That will just be an ordinary share of misery, rather than the one-thing-after-another misery of the past year.

To celebrate that, those of us who weren't too busy with homework (husband, younger daughter, myself) went out for a lovely lunch. And yes, we all agreed that it was worth celebrating.




Perhaps miserable wasn't the word everyone would choose, but the past year, younger daughter thought, had certainly been annoying.

Why?

"Because sometimes I wanted you to read a book to me, and you couldn't because you were too tired."

I couldn't agree more: 2014 was extremely annoying indeed. See: large font and everything. Bold. Italics.

Tonight, I have decided, is a good time to read Bear and daughter a bit of Winnie the Pooh. You're never too old for Winnie the Pooh. The very good news is that I can understand Winnie the Pooh again.

That, you have to agree, is progress.


Comments

  1. Thanks Irene for your honesty and for your sharing. I AM SO DELIGHTED FOR YOU!!! (There, capitals - they say it all)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment