14. When Owl was tired

Just a short post-script to yesterday's post.

"How is Owl?" my younger daughter asked, unaware that I had just been blogging about him and her.

It was early evening, supper was stewing on the stove and I was planning to have a lie-down before it was time to eat.

Owl had been rather unattended to in recent weeks. That mirrored my own quiet recovery, gradually easing myself back into family life.

"He's fine," I said. "But he is quite tired now, so I think both of us had better have a rest."


When I got into my bedroom, this is how I found Owl.

My younger daughter had tucked him up together with a little owl she herself had sewn a while ago.

Her Bear was too busy to help Owl rest, but clearly, if you are not feeling well, you are in need of a friend. I am glad that Owl, like me, has the backup of good friends ready to step in when needed.


Comments